Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Outside My Window This Morning....Snow

   


 Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

The very first thing I usually do when I roll out of bed in the morning is to go to my bedroom window. I pull back the cotton muslin curtains and I greet the day. Usually I am saying something like, ' this is the day the Lord has made' or 'bless the Lord oh my soul' or 'from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same the name of the Lord is to be praised'.






        Outside my window this morning, winter was in full force.
Today was a day to
say 'wash me and I shall be whiter than snow'.
       I see God doing that in my life. Washing me with the water of his Word. Cleaning me up, sanctifying me, changing how I think and what I believe.
   May I share my winter day with you? May you be blessed to see the beauty of God in it. The storehouses of snow are His.  




   THE  SNOW
                                                                    by emily dickinson
It sifts from leaden sieves,
It powders all the wood,
it fills with alabaster wool 
The wrinkles of the road.


It makes an even face
Of mountain and of plain,---
unbroken forhead from the east
Unto the east again.


It reaches to the fence,
It wraps it, rail by rail,
Till it is lost in fleeces;
It flings a crystal veil.


On stump and stack and stem,---
The summers empty room,
Acres of seam where harvests were,
Recordless, but for them.


     It ruffles wrists of post,
        As ankles of a queen,---
       Then stills its artisans like ghosts
            Denying they have been.
~
May you be blessed today by the God who 
can make you 
whiter than snow.
YES!
Whiter than snow.